Kids Educational Game Designer
Colto is a multi-award winning studio based in Milan creating imaginative and educational digital games for kids around the world for clients from startups to global kids’ brands. We strive to create the best digital play experiences for kids possible and we are searching for a Kids Educational Game Designer to collaborate with our production team!
Working closely with the Product Manager, as the Game Designer you will design, plan and define new games to produce with the production team. You will define the core elements of the game and communicate them clearly to the rest of the team, actively participating in game development. You will be responsible for the overall usability and engagement of the game, making sure that the user experience is sticky and understandable by the target audience.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with the Product Manager to carry out competitive analysis and target audience analysis;
- Define the high level design strategy;
- Define the MVP version of the game flow, in collaboration with the Product Manager;
- Define game flow and create the game design document;
- Supervise the game designer in the development of detailed rules and structure of the game;
- Collaborate with the UX designer in the definition of the user experience;
- Create wireframes of the game flow;
- Collaborate with the Product Manager in the definition of the Product Roadmap on a strategic point of view and have regular meetings with Product Manager;
- Participate in regular meetings with game designer on progress of game development, and, when needed, with the whole production team.
- At least 5+ years experience in the field of game design, gained whilst working in companies or on freelance projects;
- At least 3 years experience in kids educational games;
- Proven experience with subscription games;
- Basic visual design and drawing skills;
- Ability to make decisions and communicate ideas clearly;
- Ability to work in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams;
- Experience working with SCRUM methodology;
- Initiative, ability to work well in a small team and to deadlines, imagination and creativity;
- Passion for video games.
- Published game(s) on the iOS or Google Play Store.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and cv to [email protected].